About Breast Augmentation Surgery
Feeling comfortable with one’s appearance is not always a simple task. Not everyone is blessed with a
figure that meets their ideas of what they consider to be beautiful. One’s breasts can dictate confidence
in one’s femininity, and the feeling that nothing can be done to fix it can be overwhelming. Dr. Andres
offers some of the best breast augmentation in Phoenix to women who are looking to enhance their naturally given forms and revive
their sense of self-esteem.
With your breast implants procedure, it is very
common to experience one or more of the following benefits:
- Fuller breasts
- Restoring volume to breasts that have greatly diminished after having children or excessive weight
- Granting one’s breasts with a sense of symmetry, when they may have been previously unbalanced
- A balanced, more feminine silhouette for your frame
About Breast Surgery
Our Phoenix breast implants procedure is generally performed as an outpatient procedure using IV sedation or general anesthesia, which is delivered exclusively under the care of a board-certified
For a breast augmentation surgery a breast implant, which will have been discussed and chosen in advance by Dr.
Andres and the patient, is positioned behind the breast through a small incision. Placement of said
incision will be a decision based on the patient’s preference, as well as what Dr. Andres will find to be
most fitting for the desired results.
After making the incision, Dr. Andres carefully establishes what is called a pocket for the breast
implant. Ideal placement of this pocket is contingent on the amount of existing natural breast tissue,
what kind of implant was chosen, and the outcome that the patient wishes to reach. A breast augmentation
surgery takes approximately 2 hours. If part of a Mommy Makeover procedure it can be more. Dr. Andres is
among the most skilled and practiced surgeons delivering some of the best breast augmentation Phoenix has available.
What You Should Know About Breast Implants
There are several types of breast implants to choose, and Dr. Albert Andres will discuss the options with you during your consultation in Phoenix, so you can make an informed decision. The type of implant you receive will depend on the final look you envision, in addition to your preferences on firmness, projection, and feel.
There are two main types of implants: silicone and saline. Technological advances have led to multiple varieties of both types, with each offering specific advantages.
All About Saline Implants
Saline implants are filled with a saltwater, or saline, solution. They are FDA-approved for women over eighteen, and the implants are filled after placement to produce the firmness and size you want. If an implant were to rupture, which is far less common with the latest generation of saline implants, the saline solution is non-toxic.
What are the benefits of saline implants?
The benefits of saline implants include that they are filled after placement and require smaller incisions, and the fact that the solution within is easily absorbed by the body should the implant rupture. While implant rupture is rare, some women are hesitant to have silicone implants even though the FDA has established through extensive research that they do not pose a danger to health.
In general, saline implants are also less expensive than silicone implants. Surgery-related costs will remain the same, but the implants themselves are less costly. The latest generation of saline implant is structured, with an inner shell around the chamber holding the saline solution, with several “baffle” shells to provide more structure, providing a more natural feel and bounce than earlier versions.
Placement of saline implants is a simpler procedure due to the flexibility of the outer shell, making it possible to fill the implant after being placed. Small incisions are typically hidden within the armpit, or a procedure in which the implant is inserted through the belly button area.
Things to Know About Silicone Implants
Silicone breast implants consist of an outer shell like saline implants, but are filled with a silicone gel. Past silicone implants were filled with liquid silicone, but advancements have led to the use of silicone gel, which produces a beautiful, firm look and feel to an enhanced breast.
Advantages of Silicone Implants
Traditional saline implants had a higher incidence of ripple because of the thinner solution within the outer shell. Silicone implants are less likely to ripple because the newer type of silicone gel holds its shape. These implants feel and look like natural breast tissue, and are a very popular choice.
Silicone implants will not collapse or deflate when ruptured because of the structure provided by the silicone gel inside. The result of breast augmentation can appear completely natural, soft, resilient, and exceptionally attractive. The latest versions are available in more sizes and shapes than ever before, and can produce reconstructed or enhanced breasts that are beautiful, and appear natural.
Read "Breast Augmentation Things To Know"
Breast Augmentation Recovery
After breast augmentation in Scottsdale, patients usually go home the same day of their surgery. It's normal to have some
bruising, swelling, and a general feeling of tightness in the chest area, initially. To assist the healing
process, you will be given a surgical support bra. This bra should be worn consistently for the first
several weeks. You’ll want to avoid any lifting, or strenuous activity for the first week to 10 days.
Typically, patients feel able to return to their day-to-day routine, including work, within a week or so.
More strenuous activity may be taken up again 3 to 4 weeks after your surgery.
How to Choose a Plastic Surgeon for Breast Augmentation
We understand that the choice to have breast augmentation is an extremely personal one, and Dr. Albert Andres honors that choice. It is a task that can seem daunting, but there are a few things to keep in mind. Your peace of mind is our priority. Here are a few questions that we hope will aid in your decision-making process.
- Is your surgeon board-certified? Your first step is to make sure you have found a board-certified plastic surgeon who is recognized for excellent work in breast augmentation. Your final appearance is one with which you will need to be happy for years to come. Ensuring you have a qualified plastic surgeon to perform your surgery is of the utmost importance.
- How many breast augmentation surgeries does your surgeon perform each year? Your surgeon needs to have a level of experience that makes you feel comfortable. Too few surgeries each year, and that surgeon might not have the experience in breast augmentation to give you confidence that you will be pleased with the result. Too many surgeries, however, can leave you with a surgeon who is tired and performing at less-than-peak status. Find a happy medium that makes you most comfortable.
- Where will my breast augmentation surgery be performed? No matter who your surgeon is, your surgery should be performed at a hospital or a certified outpatient surgical center in order to be ensure that your health and safety are monitored as they should be.
- What are the risks of breast augmentation? Like any surgery, there are risks associated with breast augmentation. These risks include bleeding, infection, hematoma, scarring, implant rupture, and dissatisfaction with your surgical outcome. Be sure to weigh all options and risks before you make the decision to have breast augmentation.
What do I need to know after Breast Augmentation?
You've just taken one of the biggest steps toward loving your body by choosing breast implant surgery. Now more than ever it's important to know how you can care for them to ensure the health of your breasts for years to come.
- Support is Key. Supporting your new breasts with appropriate undergarments is one of the most important ways you can care for your new curves. Since you've just added extra weight to your breasts, providing proper support will ensure that they maintain their new, plump shape.
- Massage. If you want your breasts to stay happy and healthy, massaging them daily will help to keep your implants in place where they're supposed to and allow them to move freely under the skin. Daily massage for just a few minutes will keep them happy.
- Keep your yearly exams. It's true that having breast implants can make it a bit more difficult to detect any changes in your natural breast tissue. Regular mammograms are very important to safeguarding your breast health.
- Have your breast scanned after a few years so any problems can be identified. While modern breast implants rarely rupture, early detection is important for your health. Breast implants have a “shelf life” and will need replacement about every ten years, although some last far longer.
You dreamed of having these fabulous new curves for years. Just a little care to safeguard your investment in your body (not to mention your self-esteem!). Now all you need to do is plan your wardrobe for your new curves. Enjoy!
During your consultation
During your consultation with Dr. Andres, he will want to go over your particular desires regarding
physical enhancement through breast augmentation. By doing so, it gives Dr. Andres a clear concept of
you’re looking to achieve, and develop a surgical plan that will help get you there. Dr. Andres will then
examine the areas that you have discussed, so that he may be able to give his professional opinion of what
course to take for your breast implants.
It is encouraged that during your consultation, you voice any questions or concerns you may be having so
that he can address them appropriately. It is important that you feel comfortable and confident in your
choice for physical enhancement and breast implant types, so that come your surgery day, you need only focus on relaxing. Dr.
Andres aims to administer among the best breast augmentation Scottsdale has to offer.
Whether you choose to undergo breast augmentation as a single procedure, or elect to have your breast
augmentation alongside another coordinating breast enhancement procedure, for example a breast lift, Dr.
Andres’ goal is to help you finally feel confident in the way your body looks. Dr. Andres will work with
you so that the end result is some of the top breast augmentation Scottsdale can administer.
If you would like to further discuss your available options for breast augmentation, you
can request a consultation online. Or if you prefer, you are more than welcome to contact the office
directly, and one of our staff members can assist you.
Schedule a Consultation
More on Breast Augmentation