The visible signs of aging set in long before you are ready. Taking the form of lines and wrinkles, areas of skin laxity, sun and age spots, and an uneven skin tone, the signs of aging skin can take a toll on your self-esteem. A chemical peel in Scottsdale is a minimally-invasive way to reduce the signs of aging skin, restoring a vibrant radiance to your complexion. At Andres Plastic Surgery, we offer a variety of chemical peels to suit your skin type, and the problems you want to resolve.
What is a Chemical Peel?
A chemical peel works by removing the outermost layers of the epidermis, and sometimes the dermis, to stimulate collagen production and reduce the visible signs of aging, revealing younger, healthier-looking skin beneath. Once these outermost layers of skin have been shed, it allows skin to regenerate and rejuvenate, giving you a radiant glow and significantly reducing the visible signs of aging.
Why are Chemical Peels Performed?
Through the removal of damaged skin cells, chemical peels work to improve the appearance of lackluster skin cells by stimulating the production of collagen, elastin, and triggering the growth of new skin cells to take their place. Our Phoenix chemical peels are available in a variety of strengths from Andres Plastic Surgery, and they will be tailored to your specific skincare needs.
What are the Types of Chemical Peels?
Different types of chemical peels are designed to treat different skincare concerns at varying degrees of depth within the skin.
- Glycolic Peels are created using naturally-occurring alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) are used to remove only the uppermost layers of the epidermis. Since these peels are considered to be light in nature, they require no downtime and you may resume your activities immediately following your procedure. You may experience minor redness and peeling as your skin rejuvenates, revealing more youthful, glowing skin. Multiple treatments may be required in order to achieve the desired result.
- Trichloroacetic Acid (TCA) Peels will deliver more dramatic results than their lighter counterparts, and thus require more downtime. TCA peels can be formulated in varying strengths, depending on the desired results and are considered medium degree peels. Your skin will need between five and ten days of recovery following your chemical peel, but one treatment is usually sufficient to achieve fresh, glowing, restored facial skin.
What are the benefits of chemical peels?
A chemical peel rejuvenates the face, helping to transform and rejuvenate, achieving supple, radiant skin. Benefits include the following:
- Firms and lifts the skin
- Stimulates collagen production
- A more even skin, refined skin texture
- Better skin tone
- Softer, smoother skin
- More rejuvenated, glowing skin
- Reduces acne scars
- Minimizes pores
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduces discoloration
Am I a candidate for a chemical peel?
In general, people who have a lighter skin tone may benefit the most from a chemical peel. In Some cases, those with darker skin may wind up with an uneven skin tone. Chemical peel candidates should meet the following qualifications:
- Are not pregnant or nursing
- Have not taken the oral acne medication isotretinoin in the past six months
- Would like to reduce skin flaws, fine lines, and other signs of age
- Do not have a skin outbreak or infection
What is the Recovery from a Chemical Peel Like?
Following treatment, your skin may appear to be red and tender to the touch. Peeling of the outermost layers of skin generally appears within two to three days following your Scottsdale chemical peel and will continue for several days. It is imperative that you protect your skin with sunscreen following your chemical peel, as you the new skin is more susceptible to the sun’s harmful UV rays.
Why Should I Choose Andres Plastic Surgery for my Chemical Peel?
At Andres Plastic Surgery, we are committed to providing you with the best in skin rejuvenation and care. A chemical peel in Phoenix can provide your skin with the rejuvenation it needs in order to produce that healthy, lit-from-within glow that is always attractive. Dr. Andres will happily discuss your vision in seeking a chemical peel, providing guidance regarding the type and strength of the peel that will be most effective for you. Our staff will greet you with kindness and compassion, and you can expect VIP treatment at our private, luxury skincare clinic.