Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation
Many women want fuller, shapelier breasts, but not all of them are ready to undergo invasive surgery to achieve this aesthetic goal. Fat transfer breast augmentation is a minimally-invasive treatment that uses a woman’s own natural fat to enhance the breasts. As a board-certified plastic surgeon with extensive training in reconstructive and plastic surgery and aesthetic procedures of the breasts, Dr. Albert Andres performs a fat transfer breast augmentation in Scottsdale, with artistry, skill and the highest level of patient care.
What Is Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation?
This natural breast augmentation procedure uses gentle liposuction to take fat from other areas of the body to be injected into the breasts to enhance their shape and size. Breast fat transfer may be an excellent option for patients who want a moderate increase in breast volume with beautiful, natural results. As the treatment involves harvesting fat from other areas with excess fat, it has the added benefit of re-sculpting another body area prior to augmenting the breasts.
Breast fat transfer provides “two-for-one” benefits for many patients. It can create a shapelier silhouette, with a flatter tummy, a more sculpted waistline, slimmer thighs, and fuller breasts in a single procedure.
How Is Breast Fat Transfer Performed?
In his Phoenix fat transfer breast augmentation, Dr. Andres first selects the donor site or sites from which the fat will be harvested. Next, specialized liposuction techniques are used to preserve the living fat cells when extracting fat from the donor areas. The harvested fat is then purified to prepare it for injection into the breasts.
In the fat placement phase of the procedure, Dr. Andres injects hundreds of fat droplets into the breasts at different levels, using an instrument called a cannula, to create the desired increase in breast size. This method helps promote survival of transferred fat cells, so they will flourish in the new location and function as living tissue, and lead to long-lasting results.
What Is Recovery Like after Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation?
When compared to other breast augmentation procedures, recovery is far easier on the body with breast fat transfer procedure. Incisions made to harvest and transfer the fat are very small. The procedure is usually performed on an outpatient basis, so the patient can go home the same day.
Our Scottsdale fat transfer breast augmentation patients can expect slight soreness in the breasts and the donor sites for a few days after the procedure. There will be some swelling and bruising in the breasts and possibly slight bruising in the areas where liposuction was performed. Over-the-counter pain medications are usually sufficient to manage any post-treatment pain and discomfort.
The following tips can help you have a healthier, speedier recovery after natural breast augmentation:
- Take all medications as directed.
- You may need to wear compression garments for several weeks in the areas treated with liposuction.
- Return to moderate activity the day after the procedure, but avoid heavy lifting and strenuous exercise during your recovery.
- Avoid wearing constrictive bras for several weeks after the procedure. A sports bra is a good alternative to provide the support you need.
- Avoid sleeping on your stomach for four weeks after fat transfer breast augmentation.
What Are the Advantages of Natural Breast Augmentation?
Also known as a “natural boob job,” fat transfer breast augmentation offers several important advantages to patients who qualify, including:
- No implants: This alternative breast augmentation option avoids the risks and complications associated with breast implants, including capsular contracture, rupture, and malposition (when implants sit in the wrong position on the chest).
- Natural breast augmentation: This procedure uses only your body’s own tissues for soft, natural results with no risk of rejection.
- Virtually scarless: Breast fat transfer requires only tiny incisions for harvesting fat and injecting it into the breasts.
- Faster, easier recovery: Recovery is minimal and requires less time off work than more invasive breast augmentation procedures.
- Body contouring: In addition to creating larger, shapelier breasts, fat transfer breast augmentation can slim and contour the abdomen, flanks, thighs, or other areas of body. In this procedure, Dr. Andres removes fat from areas that have too much and transfers it to the breasts for augmentation.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Breast Fat Transfer?
Dr. Andres' natural breast augmentation in Phoenix may be recommended for patients who want to moderately enhance their breasts without undergoing invasive breast implant surgery. The best candidates have sufficient excess body fat for harvesting. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Albert Andres to find out if you are a good candidate for fat transfer breast augmentation.Schedule a Consultation