What non-surgical treatments should I get before the holidays?
The holidays are an essential component of celebrating our humanity, as we are reminded of the true value of our connections and relationships. Spending time with loved ones can be just the nourishment we need after a challenging year.
When we see our friends and family members, we naturally want to look and feel our absolute best. Undergoing safe, effective, non-surgical cosmetic treatments can help us stay on track with our busy schedules while maximizing our self-confidence. Many of these treatments come with little to no downtime, so patients can be in and out of the office rapidly in time to cross off their last-minute holiday shopping!
What are some of the best non-surgical treatments for pre-holiday beautification?
- Dermaplaning – During this treatment performed with a sterile surgical scalpel, the skin is rid of dead skin cells and “peach fuzz,” that fine vellus hair that coats the complexion and reduces clarity and brightness. The treatment can help increase the efficacy of skincare products and make it easier to apply makeup and cosmetics.
- BOTOX – BOTOX is a neuromodulator that helps to correct dynamic lines (wrinkles that form with expressive facial movements.) When squinting, laughing, frowning, and smiling leave behind deep creases, it can significantly distract the eye from the attractiveness of the features. BOTOX temporarily paralyzes the tiny facial muscles responsible for wrinkle-forming contractions. Once these small muscles are inactive, the skin smooths out, and the countenance is rejuvenated.
- Lip augmentation – The lips may be thin and lackluster due to genetics, or they may have deflated and devolved with the aging process. Either way, non-surgical lip augmentation using hyaluronic acid-based dermal fillers can provide you with a gorgeous, youthful smile and renewed confidence in how you look. Lip fillers, when administered by a skilled, experienced practitioner, need not look fake or overdone. They can provide elegant, nuanced changes that simply help to elevate your look to the next level.
- Microneedling – Microneedling is also called collagen induction therapy. During the treatment, ultra-fine needles are used to create micro-wounds in the skin. This triggers the regeneration of collagen stores in the body. Collagen is a protein that is responsible for the suppleness and radiant glow found in youthful complexions. By jumpstarting the body’s collagen-building process, microneedling can help your skin reclaim its innate beauty from the inside out.
- Dermal fillers – Dermal fillers are injectables that can be used to reverse facial volume loss, plumping contours in the temples, chin, cheeks, and around the eyes. They can also effectively reduce wrinkles, folds, lines, and creases, smoothing the skin and promoting a more well-rested, refreshed aesthetic. Fillers are painless, and they don’t require recovery time, so you can undergo your session over your lunch break if you like.
- Chemical peels – A chemical peel can revitalize your complexion, removing debris, damaged skin cells, dirt, oil, and makeup. Peels are formulated as mild, medium, or deep, and each can be customized to address your unique issues with your skin. A mild chemical peel has very little downtime yet can rewind the clock back years, boosting your self-image.
What is the takeaway?
Almost every person invests in skincare products of some kind, with varying degrees of success. If you are ready to see more dramatic changes in your complexion and want more significant anti-aging outcomes than can be achieved with over-the-counter creams, lotions, and serums, it might be time to consider a non-surgical cosmetic procedure. Unlike plastic surgery that comes with anesthesia risks, incisions, scarring, and recovery, most non-surgical treatments need little downtime and are truly cost-effective in the long run. Call us at Andres Plastic Surgery today to discover the right pre-holidays skincare regimen for your goals!
Back to blog