Thin or patchy eyebrows can cause self-consciousness, especially since the beauty trend these days is thick, dramatic brows. There are a number of ways to improve thin eyebrows:
- Eyebrow growth serums to improve eyebrow hair growth and thickness
- Tinted eyebrow gel to achieve a thicker, darker appearance
- Makeup to darken, thicken, shape, and enhance your brows
- Collaboration with a brow expert who can guide you on the best methods to keep your eyebrows full and thick, from the best makeup choices to ideal growth serums and other options to achieve your ideal brow goals
While these methods can be highly effective, microblading, a permanent makeup option, has become more popular for patients who would like long-lasting, thick, attractive brows.
How does permanent makeup with microblading work?
The term “permanent makeup” is a misnomer because actually, it isn’t really permanent, it’s semi-permanent. However, microblading lasts for 1-5 years, giving you the beautiful, thick brows you desire for the long term.
Microblading is a cosmetic tattoo, also called a micro-pigmentation procedure. During the tattoo process, the pigment is implanted into the skin with tiny needles. These don’t go as deep as a traditional tattoo does with ink. Instead, the pigment is applied with a more shallow stroke, creating the realistic appearance of individual hairs.
What makes microblading such a good choice for people with thin eyebrows?
Microblading is an ideal treatment for patients with thin, patchy, or sparse eyebrows, who want to achieve dramatic, thick, full brows. What makes it such a great choice? Zero maintenance. You wake up with your makeup, no prep, no fuss, no powders, gels, or anything else. You can just get up and go, with full, beautiful brows you don’t even have to think about. And you can enjoy your worry-free brows for years.
How can I ensure I get the right brows for me?
Our brow specialist will spend time with you to discuss your personal style and preferences. She will analyze your skin, hair and eye color, and help you select the right shade to suit your skin tone beautifully.
During your style consultation, you will ultimately choose your ideal look, color, and shape for your brows. Our specialist will guide you through this process and ensure you’re happy with your final choice, and that this look will suit you perfectly.
Can anyone get microblading?
For the most part, pretty much anyone who is 18 years old or older can get microblading, but it’s important to keep these qualifying points in mind, and to be properly prepared before your procedure:
- If you have particularly oily or very fine skin, microblading isn’t for you
- Stop taking any Retinols or having Botox treatments for a month prior
- Don’t get a chemical peel in the month before your microblading appointment
- Don’t tint, color, wax or pluck your brows before microblading
- Stay out of the sun in the weeks before before your appointment
- The day of your appointment, don’t put on any makeup, and skip your morning workout
Microblading at Andres Plastic Surgery
At Andres Plastic Surgery, we provide an array of treatments to enhance your natural beauty that don’t require a surgical procedure. Minimally-invasive microblading achieves thick brows that frame your eyes and provide an attractive, natural look. Thin eyebrows can be a thing of the past. Our specialist will bring balance and symmetry to your face–and you won’t have to worry about makeup, gels or other treatments anymore. If you would like to learn more about microblading, please call today for a consultation.
Back to blog