Is Breast Reconstruction Covered?
- Reconstruction of the breast on which mastectomy has been performed
- Surgery and reconstruction of the other breast to produce a symmetrical appearance
- Prostheses and treatment of physical complications at all stages of the mastectomy, including lymphedemas
- One home health care visit within 48 hours of hospital discharge
- Outpatient care following a mastectomy performed in a health care facility
- Inpatient skilled nursing facility care in which the length of stay is determined by the treating physician based upon generally accepted criteria for safe discharge
This coverage will be provided in a manner determined in consultation with the attending physician and patient. These benefits are subject to and deductible or coinsurance requirements that may apply to your coverage.
Back to blog